Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Isaberg, Sweden

This past weekend I traveled with about 35 other DIS students to Isaberg ski hill in Sweden. It actually turned out to be a bigger adventure than I had expected. We traveled in a bus and it took about 3 hours, including a ferry ride across the North Sea that separates Denmark from Sweden and Norway. I ended up seeing a girl I met on an earlier night in Copenhagen, along with her her roommate, and us 3 stayed in a chalet together and definitely shared some good laughs. The first time we got off the ferry, we literally had to RUN into Sweden after our bus that had left without us. Apparently it was only 20 minutes across the water, but of course we got distracted on the ferry. So later on we found out that we had a reputation as the girls that were always running after the bus, because this, of course, happened again. On Saturday the weather was freezing but luckily I had borrowed by sister's ridiculously warm jacket and skiing gear. The few runs got boring pretty quick so us girls decided to walk back to our chalet. We followed directions (probably from a random person), and ended up going down the wrong side of the "mountain." We had no idea where we were, so we found a grocery store on the main street of a very small town and asked for directions. A kind Swedish lady ended up offering to give us a ride... it would have been a very long walk back to our chalet. The rest of the day was spent relaxing and eating, until we did it all over again the next day. The trip ended up being well worth it, thanks Mom (and Dad)! I'll add pictures below later...

No comments:

Post a Comment