Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Belgium (March 16-18)

Many DIS students use the weekends to travel throughout Europe. That's not why I came to Copenhagen, but I decided to try this out and take one weekend trip on my own (with a girlfriend). So I went to Brussels, Belgium! It was an adventure, and it was fun to try out yet another new place, with a new language, where we were figuring everything out on our own. I traveled with my friend Kristen, who I met on day one on the bus, and we clicked right away. We flew out on Friday night (the 16th of March) and returned Sunday night (the 18th of March), and saw as much of Belgium as we could in between. Some of the highlights were the Grand Place, a famous square (where we saw a bride walking into her wedding), eating the absolutely delicious Belgian waffles (yes, they really are different from the ones we eat, and live up to their reputation!) as well as Belgian chocolate, getting somewhat lost trying to find the Atomium, Sensation (an all-night dance party), Mannequin Pis, and then actually finding the Atomium and Little Europe. Finally, when the excitement and tourism had been maxed out, we were exhausted, and it was amazing to get back home to Copenhagen. Pictures below.

The Belgian Waffle.

All-night world party!

Grand Place on Sunday

Mannequin Pis- it's epic because it's so well known, then you get to it and it's just this puny little guy!

Here we are at Little Europe, and you can see the Atomium in the upper left corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment