Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hailey Haugen, Hailey Haugen!

I was fortunate enough to have one of my best friends (from Gustavus) visit my family and I here in Copenhagen. I am happy that I have a friend who can attest to just how great my Danish family is. Hailey arrived on Friday, March 23 and went back to London (where she is currently studying abroad) on Monday, March 26. It was also great showing her some of the "touristy" attractions around Copenhagen, because I wasn't the tourist this time! We made a long list of things we planned to do here together, and I think we accomplished almost everything. Saturday was a special day because we got chauffeured around by my host dad, Jan, ladies man of the day. We went to Nyhavn (famous canal street), Amalienborg Palace (where we saw the changing of the guards), the Little Mermaid, the new Sticks n Sushi restaurant (located about an hour up the coast, right on the water), Eremitage Palace/Hunting Lodge (where we saw wild deer?), Christiania (a "freetown." This may be interesting to some- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania ), and finally to the top of the Tivoli Hotel, where Jan works at another Sticks n Sushi location. We also managed to stop into Lisbeth's shop so Hailey could get her bangs trimmed and I could get my head shaved (don't worry, just see pictures below). That night I took Hailey out on the Copenhagen town! She loved all the bikes everywhere! Sunday was spent in Malmo, Sweden (we went back to our "homeland") shopping, eating ice cream, and enjoying each others' company. Back in Denmark, we also made it to the Glass Market to buy cupcakes (Hailey's favorite thing) and the beach (a ten-minute walk from my house), where, on the clear day that it was, we could see over to Sweden! Hailey I'm so glad you came!
Nyhavn.

Changing of the guards.

The Little Mermaid.

Eremitage Hunting grounds.

Deer?

My hair being shaved off!!

1 comment:

  1. So you just shaved the underside of your head? Its awesome that you got to see Hailey. I miss you Kristin!

    ReplyDelete